Securing the Future of the Breakthrough Community
As you envision the future of your community, consider including Breakthrough in your estate planning. Like you, we strive for a future where all students receive a high-quality education, regardless of zip code or personal circumstances. Like you, we seek to ensure that there is a robust, diverse, highly trained cadre of educators in our schools.
By making a planned gift to Breakthrough Greater Boston, you will be ensuring future breakthroughs for thousands of students and teachers for generations to come.
Types of Gifts
IRA or other retirement plan estate distributions
The IRA charitable rollover provision of the Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015, passed by Congress on December 18, revives the opportunity for individuals age 70½ and older to make direct transfers totaling up to $100,000 per year to 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations, without having to count the transfers as income for federal income tax purposes.
What are the benefits to you?
– You can transfer IRA assets directly to Breakthrough Greater Boston without paying income tax on the withdrawal
– The amount of the charitable transfer will count toward your annual minimum required distribution – You may contribute up to $100,000.
– The funds must be transferred from a traditional IRA or a rollover IRA directly to Breakthrough Greater Boston
Steps to take to make a Charitable IRA Rollover gift to Breakthrough Greater Boston:
1. Contact your IRA plan administrator for its specific transmittal form to request a gift transfer from your IRA to Breakthrough Greater Boston.
2. Inform us of the designation of your gift.
You may do so by noting the designation at the bottom of your direction letter and submitting by mail, fax, or e-mail attachment. You may also send an e-mail to either of the addresses below with your name, contact information, IRA administrator name, gift amount, and designation information.
Life insurance estate distributions
Your Intention to Give
We are deeply honored when individuals choose to leave a legacy gift to improve educational equity for future generations. If you have included Breakthrough Greater Boston in your estate plans, please let us know so that we can properly thank you and recognize you as a member of our Legacy Society.
We are happy to work with you, your family and advisors throughout the process ensuring the creation of a carefully crafted gift.
Contact Emma Samler, our Director of Development and Partnerships, to schedule a visit and discuss your gift: firstname.lastname@example.org | 617.349.6647