Sponsor or Host a Breakthrough Event
Breakthrough holds three major community events annually:
Breakthroughs in Education (December)
The Breakthrough Gala (Spring)
Summer Celebration (August)
Sponsorships provide corporate and university partners a platform to be celebrated for their leadership in improving educational outcomes for our students and teachers.
Hosting gives dedicated individual donors the opportunity to gather their friends and colleagues for an inspiring and enjoyable event.
To learn more about our current event opportunities,contact our Director of Development and Partnerships, Emma Samler, with your interest: email@example.com | 617.349.6647.
Give by Check
Mail checks made out to Breakthrough Greater Boston to P.O. Box 381486 Cambridge, MA 02238.
Many companies offer a matching gifts program for employees. This is a great way to increase the value of your gift to Breakthrough.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does your employer match gifts?
The best way to learn more is to ask your employer if they match donations to nonprofits, and for more details about that process!
How do I request a matching donation to Breakthrough?
- Submit your matching gift request through your company’s intranet. They will reach out to Breakthrough for any additional information needed.
- If your company requires a matching gift form to be filled out by the employee and Breakthrough, fill out the employee portion of the form and email the form to Emma Samler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is some information you may need to complete your match request:
- Our legal name is Breakthrough Greater Boston, Inc.
- Our Tax ID Number is 04-3307783
- You can find Breakthrough’s IRS 501(c) (3) Determination Letter here.
- You can find Breakthrough’s W9 here.
Any questions? Contact our Director of Development and Partnerships, Emma Samler, with your interest: email@example.com | 617.349.6647.
Gifts of Stock
When you donate an appreciated security or mutual fund share that you have owned for more than one year, you receive a charitable income tax deduction for its full market value and may minimize capital gains tax on any increase in value of the stock since you purchased it.
If you are interested in making a gift of stock or mutual funds, please contact Emma Samler, Director of Development and Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will assist you in this transaction and answer any questions you may have.
Hold an Event to Benefit Breakthrough
Planning a fundraiser or friendraiser is a fantastic way to share our mission with friends, colleagues and other centers of influence. Whether it’s a house party, gathering at a local restaurant or gallery, an anniversary or birthday-based gathering, you can make the event your own.
Our development team will support your efforts and we’re happy to attend with program participants or alumni to share how Breakthrough has shaped their lives.
CContact our Director of Development and Partnerships, Emma Samler, with your interest: email@example.com | 617.349.6647.
In-kind donations provide Breakthrough participants with items and experiences that our limited budget cannot support. If any of the following contributions are within your reach please let us know. Thank you in advance!
- Invite students to tour your workplace during July Career Day
- Mentor a high school student in an unpaid summer internship
- Provide a summer residence for a Breakthrough teacher
- Grocery store gift certificates for after-school snacks, family nights, or annual camping trips
- Movie, event and museum tickets to enrich the experiences of our students, teachers and families
- School supplies, e.g. writing paper, colored paper, butcher paper, poster board, markers, tape, rubber cement, pencils, pens, binders, batteries
- Office supplies, e.g. printer paper, file folders, labels, staplers, envelopes
- Camping supplies, especially 4-person tents, summer-weight sleeping bags, sleeping pads and lanterns
- Sports equipment for recess
- Reference books for our drop-in center and college access program
- T-passes for our college-age teachers
- Small fun or useful gifts of any sort (puzzles, books, art supplies, games) to reward student achievement
Pro Bono Contributions
Donating your professional expertise (marketing, graphic design, photography, etc.) is a great way to help advance our work, while also gaining exposure for your company or business. Contact our Director of Development and Partnerships, Emma Samler, with your interest: firstname.lastname@example.org | 617.349.6647